Monday, July 11, 2011

SuMmeR TiMe!!

I am seriously going through Chocolate with drawls! I am not even kidding a little bit. Everything delicious has chocolate in it, and I am really wanting some bad.
I made theses super yummy cookies and I couldn't eat a single one!
So you eat them for me OK



:: 1 Devil’s Food cake mix (or whatever chocolate one you have on hand)
:: 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
:: 2 eggs

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, then roll the dough into dime-sized balls and evenly space on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely before frosting.

There is certainly no shame in using canned cream cheese frosting, or make your own with this Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe…

:: 8oz cream cheese
:: 1/4 cup butter
:: 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
:: 4-5 cups of powdered sugar
:: food coloring

Blend together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla then add four cups of powdered sugar. Add more if necessary to achieve desired firmness. Frost backs of cookies and lightly press together. Yum!
*******************************







So to start off this warm weather we are super lucky to have received the Green Arrow! YAY!

I dint know if we really deserve this award because we have only had our yard in Since the fall, but we have been working very hard to get it looking good, and I am so glad someone noticed! So here are a few pictures of our House





These pictures are off my phone and really do not look very good... So drive by for a better look.
*********************************************

Oh look at our little fish! We spend time every warm day just relaxing in the pool, he loves it!




**********************************************
The other night we got a call and went to Munns Arena in garland to check out some horse's, since they are Memphys favorite thing ever.
Aspen just put him right up on the horse with her son Weston and walked him around the arena. And Yes I was FREAKING out on the inside, but I totally love that she did that for us. Memphys LOVED it!


***********************************************

Rounding the corner to 9 months Memphys has started to crawl and get into everything! He is so sneaky too! Take your eyes off him for one second and he is out of your site and in the closet ripping clothes off the hangers! Crazy how fast they get!

He was boycotting clothes the other day and it was a fight to get him into a diaper, so he was roaming the living room pretty much naked and he got stuck on the table leg. He must have thought it was me that made it happen because he was so mad at me and kept yelling MOM! All I could do was laugh...


Love the rolls.... :)

1 comment:

Stephanie Rudd said...

Little Memphis is getting big! I love him!!! What a cutie! I love the rolls too : ) Oh, and the cookies look very yummy and your yard looks fantastic! : )