Monday, September 26, 2011

Frito's and chili..yummy!

Let me just day I LOVE PIONEER WOMAN! Just sayin' she keeps my family fed and happy, at least her easy recipies do.
If you havent heard of this woman go to pioneerwoman.com and check her out, you'll be mesmerized!

I found this yummy idea on there and just had to try it out. I am not a huge fan of Frito's, they just arnt my favorite salty treat. But I LOVE chili, and this was so good together.



Ingredients
2 pounds Ground Chuck (I used plain ol ground beef)
3 cloves Garlic, Minced (optional)
1 can (12 To 14 Ounce) Tomato Sauce
1 can (10 Ounce) Ro-tel (diced Tomatoes And Chilies)
½ teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder (more To Taste)
1 can (14-ounce) Kidney Beans, Drained And Rinsed
1 can (14-ounce) Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
½ cups Warm Water
Individual Bags Of Fritos (I bought one big bag and put it into bowls, i like extra dishes....)
Grated Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions
Brown ground chuck with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat. Add tomato sauce, Rotel, salt, oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.

Add drained and rinsed beans. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer for another 20 minutes.

Simmer for a final 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.

Serve by slicing the Frito bags open lengthwise. Pile in chili and cheese, and diced onion if using. Serve immediately with plastic forks. A crowd-pleaser!



My next adventure is starting on my mounds of pears for canning whole and pear sauce, also I am giving Jalapeno jelly a whirl...I let you know how it turns out.

No comments: